Friday, February 11, 2011

It's here! Let's play some softball!

It’s 3:23 in the morning and I can’t sleep lol! So many things on my mind! The least serious and most exciting being softball! Just a little less than 8 hours from now Husky softball will kick off their 2010-2011 season!  Part of me can’t help but feel a little twinge of sadness knowing Danielle Lawrie isn’t with them! But I can’t help but also feel kind of bad for my Huskies. In all the articles I’ve read there isn’t a positive word spoken. Every article ask the same question just stated differently “How will they replace Danielle Lawrie?” I’m not saying she it’s not a big loss for them obviously it is. But there is still so much talent on that team!
                This is not about replacing Danielle Lawrie. That will just never happen. There will be many great pitchers put on the purple and gold and play on the shores of lake Washington but none of them will ever again be Danielle Lawrie. She had an amazing career! She had a career that will live on in the record books, in the hearts of her fans, and in her heart and the hearts of her friends and family who know and love her! She will always be known as one of the best college pitchers to ever play the game (In my opinion one of the best pitchers to ever play the game period but that is neither here nor there lol).  But it’s over! It’s time to rally around another pitcher and watch as she too plays her heart out and works hard to make a name for herself.  I am honestly more than a little annoyed at the negativity about this team and the complete disrespect for these girls!  Girls like Jenn Salling, Morgan Stuart, Ashley Tuiasosopo, Kimi Pohlman, Niki Williams, Shawna Wright, Taylor Smith and so on! Girls who have worked their butts off and have earned the right to wear the purple and gold! Yes they have quite the hill to climb but give them the chance to at least try before you just write them off as a lost cause. I watched an interview with Coach Tarr once and what she said is so fitting for this group of girls! She said something like you can’t dwell on what you don’t have you have to make the best out of what you do have! The 2010-2011 Huskies have a lot! And I think at the end of this season they will have a lot to be proud of! I love this team! I love this group of girls and the amount of excitement and determination I see in them! I also have to say I love this coaching staff and believe there is reason they continue to be awarded for the great things they do! I can’t wait to see what this season has in store for them! I wish them all the luck in the world! Let’s go Dawgs! You make us proud!
                On another note OU started off the season with a bang! They won their first game of the season this evening 12-2! Great way to start the season girls! Boomer Sooner!! Let’s get it done tomorrow!
                Alabama starts their season tomorrow evening as well! So excited for this team and for Kelsi Dunne! She is a special young woman and I wish for to have an amazing senior season!! Roll Tide!!
                To all the rest of the division 1 college softball teams good luck!! May you have a great and as injury free season as possible!
                Well I guess I better get this posted and get to bed lol!
“When the world says give up, hope whispers try it one more time!”
Let’s go Dawgs, Roll Tide, and Boomer Sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment