Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Finally got it done!

Hey guys! Sorry it’s taken me so long to get this blog out. I’ve had a crazy couple of weeks. I was going to write this, this past weekend but on Friday I made the painful and hard decision to put my dog to sleep. I haven’t felt much like writing until now!
                Cathedral City Classic was very interesting to say the least. Teams I thought wouldn’t win a game there won all or most of their games. Teams I thought would come away undefeated lost many games. Just goes to show you, you never know what’s going to happen lol!
                UW went 5-0! They had a really great weekend! They started the weekend off with a very impressive 11-4 victory over Texas A&M! Overall they had a fantastic weekend and their bats continue to be hot! This past weekend they played a 3 game series with New Mexico. The first game was in my opinion a weird one. There was a whole lot of offense in that game and little pitching or defense. UW won 7-4 in 9 innings! They had 7 runs, 13 hits and 1 error. New Mexico had 4 runs, 9 hits, and 3 errors! It was the type of game where your heart is pounding the whole time. They turned around that same night and run ruled them in 6 innings 11-2! They run ruled them again on Sunday 11-3! Both of those games were closer than the score board showed! New Mexico played well all weekend and I have a ton of respect for that team!  The Huskies face an unknown future at this point. They haven’t faced any real hard competition so there are still a lot of unknowns. But nothing bothers me more to than to hear and read people disrespect these girls, these coaches, and everything they have worked hard to accomplish so far this season! I think fans of all sports forget that those little machines out there entertaining us are not machines at all! They are people! These girls are people and they have worked very very hard! They deserve respect for that! You’ll rarely find me saying things about other softball teams or disrespecting them or their coaches. I love the game of softball as a whole and I love to see girls going out and having success and enjoying the game. I think when you say a team hasn’t played anybody it’s disrespectful to the team you are talking about and the teams they’ve played. Just like New Mexico this weekend. They didn’t win a game but I would not venture to say they were nobody! They played very hard and have a lot of talent! So the next time you want to say something about UW or any other team not playing anybody or that they have much bigger challenges ahead, do yourself a favor and don’t. The fans know, the players know it, and the coaches know it. None of us are stupid! We know there are still a lot of unknowns! But we are proud of our girls now at this moment! We are proud of the job they have done and the work they put in! Just because they aren’t predicted to be an Arizona or a UCLA this season doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be proud of the success they are having now! We’ll worry about what’s going to happen down the line when it gets here. For now they are winning and having a great season so right now we celebrate and we enjoy it! Down the road if things get bad we’ll still be proud and we’ll let them know that no matter what the score board says they are winners in our eyes! I will get off my soap box now lol!
                OU had a rough weekend last weekend going 1-4 at the Cathedral City Classic! I didn’t expect this. This is a talented team with some the best coaching in the country in my opinion. But it goes to show you nobody is immune to bad weekend! OU bounced back this last weekend and won all their games this weekend. Including a very impressive 7-0 win over Oklahoma State! I know this team isn’t done and anybody who thinks they are knows nothing about softball or Oklahoma! Don’t count them out yet guys! They are going to be fierce by the end of the season!
                Alabama has continued to roll as well! They have 1 loss on the season. They lost 1-0 to Louisiana Lafayette! Bama is looking strong though!
                The game that surprised me the most at the Cathedral City Classic was the game between Syracuse and Hawaii! Maybe I should clarify here and say the pitcher who impressed me most! Hawaii is known for their bats! They set a record last season for homeruns! Jenna Caira shut them down! She had 16 strike outs on them! For that win alone I would have given division 1 college pitcher of the week lol! That is just beyond crazy to me! I see big things in her future! She’s already had big things but I see more coming!
                On another note the NPF draft is coming up! I’m excited! As you can probably guess I am pulling hard for Jenn Salling to be drafted! I think if any senior deserves it, it’s her! She is phenomenal woman, leader, and softball player! I think she would be a great addition to any of the 4 NPF teams! But there are lots of great seniors out there! I’m not an Arizona fan by any means but I watch them just to watch Stacey Chambers! She is an exciting player to watch and great at what she does. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again there isn’t a senior on Georgia this season that I wouldn’t take! As I’ve said I have a love hate relationship with that team.  The talent in that senior class alone is mind blowing! If only they didn’t play such dirty annoying ball maybe I could enjoy watching them! Of course there is also Kelsi Dunne! She is a great woman, leader, and softball player as well! Love to watch that girl pitch! I would also like to see someone take Morgan Stuart although I don’t know how likely that is! I hope it does! She deserves it! So many great seniors and so few places! Should be interesting to see how it plays out!
                I love pitchers! I love how each one is unique! They have their own individual way of doing things. Their own unique motion and ways of letting the ball go. It’s always funny to me how two pitchers can throw the same pitch and it look so different! I think where this is made even more obvious is by watching sisters pitch. I’ve seen the Ricketts sisters (Keilani and Stephanie) a couple of times. Both are great pitchers but they are so different! I’ve watched the Renfroe (Ivy and Ellen) sisters online a couple of times this season and again they are both amazing pitchers but they are so different! I guess the differences add to the excitement of the game! You truly never know what you will see from a pitcher!
                Well I better get this posted! I have a lot to do today! Sorry this was so long! I had a lot to say in this blog! I will try to write sooner next time!
Let’s go Dawgs! Boomer Sooner! Roll Tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment