Thursday, April 14, 2011

Two more week gone!

Hello everyone! It’s been awhile yet again since I wrote lol! Summer is coming up so hopefully I will have more time to write! However college ball will be over so I guess I will have to write about the NPF lol!
The UW/Oregon series was a good one! UW took 2 of 3! The wins were really good performances and the one loss was a big loss! Last weekend they played Cal! They were run ruled the first game of the series but bounced back with a walk off win on Saturday off a homerun by Niki Williams! Sunday they looked great! They run ruled Cal 9-1 in 6 innings! The last 3 runs coming off a bomb by Kaitlin Inglesby! She had a great day in the circle and with the bat! She only gave up 2 hits, 1 run, and had 5 strike outs! With her bat she was 3 for 4 with 1 run and 5 RBIs! That girl is something special and is handling the pressure so well! UW plays Arizona this next weekend! I don’t know what will happen but I do know no matter what I am proud of these girls! I know I say it in almost every entry but this is a special group of girls!
It was a crazy weekend in the Pac-10 and SEC both! There really seems to be no number so far! It’s shaping up to be a crazy end of the season! UCLA dropped 2 of 3 to Stanford, Bama was swept by LSU, Arizona dropped one to Oregon State, and there were several more crazy things that happened! You just never know what is going to happen from week to week!
            I have noticed a trend this season that I’m not a big fan of. I’ve seen several girls purposely doing things that put others on the field in danger. Things like pitchers purposely hitting batters and runners sliding into bases in a way that endangers the defender. I keep hearing that this is just part of the game and I hate hearing that! It shouldn’t be part of the game! This game is supposed to be about discipline and respect! These actions show neither! These ladies are role models to all the little softballers and when they do things like that they are setting a very bad example! They need to step back and remember it’s just a game! I think what’s worse than the players actions is that there are coaches who condone them and let these things go on!  I’ve always heard it said respect the game and it will respect you! That is what I would like to see coaches and players alike doing! Respect the game, respect the players and coaches on the other team, respect the umpires, respect the fans, and respect your team and coaches! Softball is won by how many runs you score not by how many people you injure in the process!
            Two players who very much know about respecting the game are Niki Williams and Jenn Salling! Both were named to the 25 finalist for the USA player of the year award! So proud of those two! Don’t forget voting is still open for the Lowe’s Senior Class award and Jenn Salling still needs our votes!! Remember you can vote once a day per computer through May 10th! Here is a video she made for this! http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=570422392236&oid=46364349899&comments
            That is all I have for now! Let’s go Dawgs, Roll Tide, and Boomer Sooner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment