Friday, July 1, 2011

NPF and other things!

Hey guys been awhile since I did an entry and I decided I would do one tonight! I’ve got a pretty sore finger from burning it on an electric burner on my sisters stove lol! So if there are some typos or if this is shorter than usual that is why! I’m getting ready to go on my first vacation of the summer next week(I get 2 vacations this year! I am blessed and thankful lol!) and I can’t wait! I really need this time to get away from everyday life and clear my head!  I am going to Red River, New Mexico with my boyfriends family and it should be a blast! Enough about me, let’s get to some softball news!
            The NPF season is in full swing! They have completed 3 weekends of games! So far it’s been a really weird and unpredictable season but I guess that is what happens when you fill 4 teams with the very best players. I don’t really see a clear cut number 1 team right now. Bandits have looked great but split their series with the Racers last weekend. Diamonds started off strong but have struggled a little since then. Racers had a rough start but have bounced back very nicely! Pride has been up and down, but looked really good last weekend taking 3 of 4 games from the Diamonds.  I just love this league and all of these women! The thing I like the most is the great friendship between all of them. I follow several of them on Twitter and Facebook and see some of the off the field behind the scenes stuff and it’s great. They are all so close! There are no rivals or anything like that. You would probably never see a fight or even an argument. There is just so much love and respect for each other. This day age that type of thing is rare! They also love their fans and spending large amounts of time talking to them signing autographs, and taking pictures with them. After one of the games in Chicago a couple of weeks ago the Pride girls and the Bandits stood out signing autographs for several hours for thousands of fans and they enjoyed it! If you get the chance to go see them in person DO IT! Go support the future of this great sport! If you can’t, try and catch a game online on the live stream! It’s not always perfect but it’s fun to watch! Pride took the first game of this series against the Racers 2-0! Danielle Lawrie looked great in the circle and has all season! She, along with Jenn Salling and Ashley Charters are making us Husky fans very proud! Tonight they lost 2-1 with Cat Osterman on the mound. It was a good game for her but it didn’t end the way we all wanted! They will be back in action tomorrow at 7:05! Watch it! You won’t regret it!
http://www.profastpitch.com/pagebank/index.html?id=961

No comments:

Post a Comment