Wednesday, August 29, 2012

More thoughts after time to think

I've had a few more days to think and process and the NPF and Cheri Kempf have released statements so I am back more calm and in a different mind set than I was on Sunday/Monday(I started the last blog on Sunday and finished it on Monday). I didn't really give alot of opinions in my last, although I'm sure you could figure out I wasn't very happy. Something funny has happened over the last couple of days though, I've lost the anger. I've always been the type of person who it takes alot to make them mad and once I blow up it's over. This seems to be the case here. I blew my top and the anger is gone.

Another funny thing happened and I'm not really sure why this is but I've found myself really sad for Cheri Kempf! I've had several conversations with her and she has always been very kind! She is very passionate about softball and about the NPF. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone more passionate about making this league work than she is! Through this whole thing I never really felt angry with her or any one person. It was just the whole flipping situation. But the last couple of days I've found myself wishing I could just give her a hug and tell her thank you. I don't envy the spot she is in or the decisions she had to make Sunday. She is a good woman and I beg the fans to take a deep breath and give her sometime to fix this! We can't let her get away! She gets it! She gets the whole thing top to bottom and that is what the NPF needs! She has done so much for the NPF and for softball and the NPF needs someone who has been there! She knows this sport as a player, as a coach and instructor, as a business woman(if you don't know about her business look it up!) and as a fan. Mistakes were made this weekend and I know some of those mistakes were things she did and let happen but I also know this woman LOVES the NPF and the ladies who play for the NPF and I know she was probably devastated by what happened. I have confidence in her and I hope other people do too!

Not everything that went on did I disagree with. I fully agreed they couldn't play on that field the way it was. It was in awful shape and I was disgusted from the moment I saw the field that they were going to play on that field! The risk of injuries was too great and it just wasn't worth it. Also after the game was cancelled I also agreed that they shouldn't just give the Bandits the Championship. That wouldn't be in anyway fair to the Pride girls! It was no doubt a rough Championship series for them but they made it into the finals and earned the chance to play in that best of 3! If they had done that int he WCWS OU would have won instead of Bama. We have no idea what would have happened in that second game and we can't say that the Pride couldn't or wouldn't have come back to take it all. As much as it sucks, the only thing they could do was leave it empty.

We can't let what happened this last weekend destroy the NPF! We have to continue to support the NPF because these women have worked too hard to lose it all! So keep watching and supporting!

That's all I have for now! I don't know that there will be much more softball news to discuss over the next little bit but if I find out any I'll be lol! You can always swing over and check out my other blog! I hope to start posting on it more now that the NPF season is over!  Go Pride!! Go Shokki! Go Huskies! Boomer Sooner! RTR Go Bama! FTG!

No comments:

Post a Comment