Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I'm going to get back to blogging :)

Well the WCWS is over and Florida is the national champion. It makes me feel a little better about them beating the Huskies....a little lol.

I really wanted this group of seniors to end their careers in OKC. They really deserved it but deserving and earning it are unfortunately two different things. On the flip side as I look at what girls will be left next year and who is coming in and feels like Huskies are along way from  another trip to WCWS and certainly another championship. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. But it really felt like if a class was going to do it again, it was going to be that one. I'm super super proud of them but also heartbroken for them. But this is the world of college softball. Girls come and girls go. I'm ready to be surprised and blown away by this new group of girls!

Congrats to the Gators though! They really did play amazing in the post season. Also congrats to Bama on being runner up! I know it feels like first loser right now for them but they had a fabulous regular and post season and they have nothing to hang their heads about! I can't believe I'll never see Jackie Traina playing in a Bama uniform again! She single handedly made me love Alabama softball :). I wish her all the best in her future! What a career she had! It kind of felt like Bama and Jackie ran out of gas. I also felt the same way about Oregon and Cheridan Hawkins. Oklahoma gave it all they had but they just weren't quite there yet. I love love love Shelby Pendley and thank God every time I watch her play that she plays for the Sooners now and not Arizona lol! Great things ahead for Oklahoma and Kentucky! Nunley for Kentucky was incredible! nother great college softball season in the books and it didn't disappoint :).

Well the NPF season kicked off and it was ever bit as weird  as I thought it would be to see Jenn Salling, Lauren Lappin, and Sarah Pauly playing for another team. It was a slow start for the Pride but I have faith it will get better. But I tell you Jenn, Lauren, and Sarah made the Pride look real dumb for trading them lol. They both played great! I see good things ahead for the Rebellion this season, which in turn will be good for the NPF! I just hope they've found a home and an owner and finally some stability. The instability of that team only adds to the instability of the league. It was great to see Danielle Lawrie pitch again! She only threw 4 innings(2 in one game and 2 in another) but they were good innings and will only get better. I actually enjoyed watching the Pride more than I thought I would! It was rough at times but there is just something so different about pro ball than college ball and it is amazing to watch :). On that note big big congrats to Kaitlin Inglesby on signing a contract with the Racers! She's going to be great and I'm so glad I'll get to enjoy watching her grow as a player and person for awhile longer!

Well that's all I got right now :)! Hopefully more of my thoughts on the WCWS later but I make no promises lol. Go Huskies! Boomer Sooner! RTR Go Bama! Go Pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment