Monday, November 15, 2010

The end of the back to school tour

I'm very sad to see the back to school tour end! I've very much enjoyed following it and learning about all these different college teams! There are some really good ones out there that you just never hear about! One thing this tour has shown me or maybe more liked made even more apparent for me was the need to keep fighting for this sport! As I followed the tour I was just blown away by the amount of talent on all of these teams!

I also have to say for the NPF girls this tour has made it more apparent to me just how dedicated they are to this sport, their fans, and the NPF! These girls give up so much to play this sport they love! They spend countless hours on red eyes from here to there! They spend countless hours working out and keeping themselves in shape. They spend countless hours on the field playing! They spend countless hours signing autograph after autograph after autograph! They spend countless hours doing clinics and giving lessons! And they do it because they want to and they love it(maybe not all the time but for the most part they love it!)! If we all found one thing to be that dedicated to, how different would the world be?

I also have to say there are some amazing coaches out there! You can probably guess that I'm a big Coach Tarr fan but there are alot of really dedicated amazing coaches out there at all levels! They aren't generally talked about or noticed! I just want to say thank you to all of them right now because without them none of this would be possible! They are the silent leaders of their teams. They also put in hard long hours and give up alot! They are very dedicated to this sport and helping to make their players better people and players! Without great coaches softball just wouldn't be what it is!

As I end this blog I just want to say thank you to the NPF, the USSSA, all the colleges, their coaches, their players, the behind the scenes people who you don't think about, the people who kept us updated, and the NPF softball players for an amazing tour! You all are amazing! I can't speak for any of the other fans but I am very much enjoyed this tour!! There were some really great memories for all of us!

86 days until Husky softball!! Woohoo! It will be so so weird and kind of sad for me without Danielle Lawrie(and also Aly, Amanda, and  Bailey!!) but still can't wait!! Let's go Dawgs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment