Thursday, May 5, 2011

All good things must come to an end!

Hey everyone! Well the regular season is very quickly coming to an end I can’t believe it! This season has gone by so fast! I know I keep saying that but it really has!
          UW will play their last regular season home games this weekend against the number one team in the country the Arizona State Sun Devils! I hope for the seniors UW can come away with at least 1 win! Arizona State has been playing very well though and it’s not going to be easy! UW has been struggling a bit as of late. They dropped the first 2 games against UCLA. Both were close games and the girls did their best but it was rough! The last game of the series without a doubt was my favorite game and moment of the whole season! The girls played an amazing game and hung tight with UCLA the whole game. Kaitlin Inglesby had an amazing game. The game went into 9 innings and the Huskies came away with a huge 4-3 win with the winning run coming off a homerun by ,as the UCLA announcer said, the All-American everything senior Jenn Salling! She had a great game and really led the team but the player of that game without a doubt in my opinion was Kaitlin Inglesby! She showed what it truly means to be a husky that night! She held tough and pitched a very strong game and also had a homerun and 2 other hits! That girl is something special and I am so proud to have her as Husky! The game ended on a double play by Salling and Williams and I’ll be honest when it was over I shed a few tears! That was truly an emotional and much needed win for UW! I was very proud! Last weekend they were on the road again to play Stanford. They dropped a close game the first night but turned around to win Saturday night 7-1! We all hoped they would win Sunday and take the series but it wasn’t meant to be. I continue to see a lot improvement from everyone and they make me proud every time they step on the field. It will great for the girls to play at home this weekend! I’ve heard that all 3 games have been sold out since Tuesday! Win or lose this weekend will be special as we honor 3 wonderful women and the things they’ve done for this team! All 3 will be very much missed! I am particularly fond of Jenn Salling! She is a great athlete, a great competitor, a great leader, and a great woman! I made this video for her and would like to share it! I hope you guys enjoy it!
          OU split their series with Texas and really looked like the team I thought they would all season! I hope this is a big turning point for them and their season!
          Bama didn’t play this weekend because of the tornados! They spent some time helping people out and will return to action this weekend!
          Well I can’t think of anything else! So for now Let’s go Dawgs, RTR Let’s go Bama, and Boomer Sooner!!
P.S. Don’t forget to keep voting for Jenn Salling until May 10th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment