Friday, May 13, 2011

What a long week!

Have you ever had a week where it seemed everything that could go wrong went wrong? A week that feels like one long crappy day?? That pretty much sums up my week in a nut shell and today is Friday the 13th. I’m scared lol! It’s been one crap fest after another and frankly I’m done with it! I’m really beginning to think it would be easier and a lot less trouble to tell college to screw off, drop out, and get a job! But enough of my belly aching on to some softball news!
Last weekend was the last regular season home series for UW and Sunday was senior day! I think we all hoped they would pull out one win against ASU. But it wasn’t meant to be. They dropped all 3 games! However they had a beautiful ceremony to honor the seniors after the game Sunday! I’ll admit it, I cried through it lol! They had a banquet that evening as well! The seniors seemed to have a really great senior day even though they lost! I think I need to follow their attitudes they always seem upbeat even when they are losing and things just aren’t going their way. On that note, voting for the Lowe’s Senior Class award wrapped up Tuesday. Unfortunately in another cruel “joke” after making several hard pushes at number 1, Jenn Salling finished in 2nd! She could still win it if she got enough votes from the coaches and media. We’ll just have to wait and see I guess. I was really hoping she would finish 1st. But it occurred to me last night that in the grand scheme of things it’s not a big deal. I know she doesn’t view it as a big deal. Sure she would love to win it. But that isn’t why she does what she does day in and day out. Her main goal is to help her team get better! She has done a great job of that this season and the lessons she passed on will remain in the hearts of those girls left behind. That is a much bigger deal and that is why she will always be number 1 in my eyes! In another sick blow neither Jenn Salling nor Niki Williams made the top ten final list for player of the year! I can’t speak for anybody else but it seems this week was filled with sick twisted blows for UW. However they’ve started off this weekend’s series on a high note with a 6-1 win over OSU! It’s the last series of the regular season and at least 2 wins would go a long way! No matter what happens from here on out the girls have had a great season! This freshman class has been incredible! Inglesby has shut the mouth of all her doubters! This senior class has done an amazing job being the leaders and players they need to be! The sophomores continue to shine as do the juniors! I can’t wait to see what happens the rest of the season! But maybe bigger than that I can’t wait to see what next season holds! Here are a couple of videos about the UW the seniors and on senior day!
Bama had a nice come from behind win tonight against Mississippi State in the SEC tournament! Kelsi Dunne started off a little slow but ended up pitching a very solid game! They will play Georgia tomorrow!
The selection show is Sunday! This where who is going where for regionals is announced! Should be interesting to see where each of my teams falls!
I don’t know anything else! So Go Dawgs! RTR Go Bama! Boomer Sooner!!
PS. Seems my streak of crappy luck continues! Went to post this and Blogspot is down! I hope I remember to update and post this tomorrow lol! UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment