Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Week 2!

Another weekend of softball is done! It was a good weekend,not quite as interesting as last week but still good!

UW had a great weekend! They started off a little sluggish with a 1-0 win in 10 innings. BUT Kaitlin Inglesby pitched a heck of a game that night to keep the other team off the board until the offense could get it together! The rest of the weekend was great! They won every game and played very solid ball. Kasey Stanchek had an amazing weekend and had it been up to me she would have been Pac-12 pitcher of the week but obviously it wasn't my decision to make lol! She is going to be a beautiful addition to this team! The real test for this team though is this weekend. I don't know who set up their schedule at Palm Springs but they were feeling pretty confident. They start off the weekend with number 1 Florida! It should be very interesting and I don't know if they are in a place to knock of the number 1 team but I guess we'll see lol!

The two big upsets this weekend were Stanford(again) and Mizzou! I think Stanford is serious serious trouble! I think Mizzou's lost I think was more just from being rusty. They didn't play the first weekend of competition. Most of the big name teams did play the first weekend and I wonder how that is going to effect them. I guess we will have to wait and see!

Today I watched the USSSA Pride take on Cal State Northride! The USSSA Pride girls looked great! Something about this game just let me feeling breathless and giddy almost! I know that sounds odd but I'll try to explain it. Danielle Lawrie pitched a gem of a game! She put on a pitching clinic! She was in her zone and as anybody who has spent any time watching her pitch knows when she is in her zone it is something to watch! I've watched softball for a long time and seen alot of pitchers I loved to watch but I never had one who captavaited me like Danielle did the first time I watched her! She can use speed to get you and throw the ball right past your or she can use movement. She paints the corners like no other pitcher I've seen and today she was doing just that. I saw her strike out hitters using her power and speed and then I saw her strike out pitchers using movement. She was incredible today and with the exception of one pitch that got away from her was perfect. I also saw Jenn Salling hitting very well! In fact, with another of my favorite Huskies(Ashley Charters) on first she hit a beautfiul 2 run HR that I knew was gone the minute it left her bat. Natasha Watley and Francesca Enea also hit gorgeous homeruns! But it was more than just the game that made this beautiful. Watching this group of girls interact is always a treat! You would be hard pressed to find a group of girls who loves and supports each other more than that group of girls! They know each other, they understand each other, they care about each other, and they work super well together! It wasn't 9 indivdual girls out there, it was a unit! They played as one! Crazy think is they only met up yesterday! This is the first they've played together just the Pride since August! They truly showed why they are professionals today! They made the NPF look amazing today! I was very happy for and proud for these ladies! I wish all the best to the Cal State Northridge! It's been a rough start for them but they've got an amazing coach and will be fine!

Well I can't think of anything else to add right now!

Let's go Huskies! Boomer Sooner! RTR Go Bama!! Go St.Edwards! FTG!

No comments:

Post a Comment