Sunday, February 26, 2012

Week 3!

This week was the Cathedral City Classic! This weekend has to be one of my favorite of the year! I don't actually get to watch the games but there are some many great games to follow and this where you really get to see what your team is made of. Both UW and OU played there. Bama stayed at home. I'll tell you right now this is going to be mostly about the Huskies lol! This was the week of the Huskies!

Let me start off by saying when I saw the schedule they had set up for this weekend I was very nervous about how this would go. In my opinion, they had the hardest schedule at this tournament! I honestly in my own mind thought what is Coach Tarr thinking. Well I would just like to take this moment and say that Coach Tarr and her team yet again proved why she is the coach and I am not lol! She knew exactly what she was doing. 2 weeks of playing easy teams and 2 weeks of not really knowing what the Huskies had. And then unleash the beast! They started off the weekend with Florida. Kaitlin Inglesby got the start in the circle. I'll be straight up honest here I didn't really think UW would win this game. Florida has been hot hot hot so far. But they proved me flat wrong! They took the lead in the first 1-0. That held until the 3rd when Florida scored 2 runs. From there Kaitlin settled down and shut down Floridas offense and the Husky offense took off scoring 4 unanswered to knock off the number 1 team 5-2! Friday they started the day with Texas A&M. Again the early part of the game was close but the offense came alive in the 4th and stayed hot. They knocked off Texas A&M 8-2! The Huskies had about 15 or 20 minutes to get a drink and regroup and get back on the field for Georgia. This was another game I was worried about. Kasey Stanchek got the start in the circle for the Huskies. I had been really impressed with her in the weeks before but this was a different type of offense. She struggled early the first 3 innings giving up 3 hits(all 3 were homeruns) and 5 runs. But she settled down after that and threw 4 scoreless innings and struck out 8! She stopped the bleeding in time for the Huskies to come from behind in the 7th scoring 3 runs and knocking yet another SEC powerhouse 7-5! Yesterday they took on Mizzou. Bryanna Walker got the start in the circle. She struggled a little early on but settled down and pitched an amazing game. However the offense never figured out Chelsea Thomas and they were no hit and lost the game 2-0! It sucks to lose but at that point there was so much positive that you couldn't dwell on the loss too long. Kimi Pohlman was inolved in a collision at 1st and got banged up pretty good. She was pulled from the game and didn't play today either. Today the Huskies faced Nebraska. They seemed a little slow and sluggish from what I could tell with the Gametracker. The infield had some hiccups in the first inning and it just seemed to throw everybody off. 2 errors scored 2 runs for Nebraska. But after that everyone seemed to settle in. The offense was again a little sluggish despite a really lousy game by the Nebraska pitcher. Kaitlin gave up a HR in the 6th but the Huskies worked a couple of walks got a couple of hits and added 2 runs to secure the win. 6-3 over Nebraska to end a beautiful weekend!

The Huskies threw 3 different pitchers this weekend and all 3 pitched very very well! Coach Glascoe and Coach Ball are doing an amazing job with them! The offense....oh my goodness that offense! They struggled with Chelsea Thomas but for the most part they were unstoppable this weekend. The ace for Georgia was no match and ended up being pulled eventually for another one of their pitchers. They faced Florida's freshman who most people think is the top pitcher in this freshman class and knocked her around pretty good as well. For the most part the defense was solid(there were a couple of errors) and I can only see that getting better. Afterall the Huskies are doing this with an all freshman and sophmore infield with the exception of Junior catcher Shawna Wright and an all freshman and sophmore pitching staff! This team really opened some eyes this weekend(mine included)! They put on a show and I could not be more proud or more happy for this team! I've spoken before of the deep respect and admiration I have for Coach Tarr but it only grew this weekend. I truly believe she is one of the best to ever coach the game! This team is full of talent, they have amazing chemistry, they are confident, they never ever give up and they are very well coached! I so look forward to the rest of this season and can't wait to see what it holds for them!!

OU on the other hand frankly had a miserable weekend. They never really go their feet underneath them. They dropped both of the games they played agaisnt ranked teams including a struggling Stanford team. They are having trouble finding their offense when they go up agaisnt good pitching. It just flat hasn't been there. I'm not giving up on this team yet but they have some serious work to do!

Bama had a nice weekend and remain undefeated. However I feel like because of their weak schedule we still don't know much about them. We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds I guess!

I heard a few hours ago about Whitney Canion for Baylor tearing her ACL and I just wanted to say that I wish her a speedy recovery and I am thinking and praying for her!

Well that is all I have for now! Go Huskies! Boomer Sooner! RTR! Go Bama! Fear the Goat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment