Sunday, May 27, 2012

All good things must come to an end

After a very up and down, rough season and 2 losses to Cal this weekend the Husky season is over. Kaitlin pitched yesterday and I really felt she pitched well after the first inning. But the Huskies had no answer to Jolene Henderson. Bryana Walker pitched tonight and pitched even better than Kaitlin did. She didn't give a hit until the 5th. But all Cal needed was a 2 run HR because gain the offense couldn't come through. The offense looked better tonight than they did last night but again they couldn't find the big hit. I can''t say I am surprised they lost and the season is over. But I don't think any amount of knowledge prepares you for the emotions of it really being over. It then occurs to me if I feel this emotional and weepy how do the Huskies feel, especially the seniors! I feel really heartbroken right now. I know how hard those ladies fought last weekend to get here and how hard they fought last night and tonight. I know they must be heartbroken.

On the other hand I think there is plenty to look forward to! This is a young team and they've got plenty of time to figure this out! So to those players I say keep fighting, be confident, and don't forget to enjoy the ride! It goes by so fast and it will be over before you know it! To the seniors I say no regrets! You 4 are leaving behind a wonderful legacy and will always be in the hearts of Husky fans everywhere! I know you're heartbroken now and my heart breaks with you. But don't forget to look back on the good and there is so much of it! Congrats on 4 amazing seasons!

I enjoyed watching the games yesterday and today! It was fun to actually see the ladies on TV! I love watching Coach Tarr work and that will never change! She is so positive and loves the game so much. I watch her talking to her hitters and I don't even know what she is saying but just the look on her face makes me want to get out there and hit the ball lol!

I'm pretty tired and emotional now. I will come back later and discuss the Bama and OU. I really like both of those teams but my heart will always bleed purple and gold! So right now I can't really think much about them. Lots of great Super Regionals and lots of great teams moving on. But right now I just feel sad! That is all I have for now! Go Huskies! Boomer Sooner! RTR Go Bama!

P.S. Not long now until NPF starts and they have a new fantasy league I will discuss later! It's pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment