Monday, June 4, 2012

Feels like the season is over for me!

Honestly with both Bama and OU advancing to the championship final series, it feels like the season is over lol! I don't care who wins! I love both of these teams and both of their coaches! I think it will be a great series and one of them winning is just icing on the cake! Both teams have bene playing great ball and I proud of both of them! The only thing that could make this better is if it was the Huskies in but this is the next best thing! The first time in 26 years(I'm only 24 so even before my time) that a Pac-12 team is not in the final! That's pretty awesom and says alot for how far this sport has come! It's been a crazy post season, I honestly would have never guessed neither ASU or Cal would make the final. Cal seemed to really crash when the post season hit. Their powerful offense really hit a bad spot and Jolene Henderson really seemed to struggle. Saddly for them they graduate a rather large group of seniors including Valerie Arioto, the Reid sisters, Jace Williams, and Frani Echavarria. So they lose a great deal of experience, talent, and leadership. I'm not saying they can't do it, I'm just saying losing 2 5 year seniors is going to hurt, especially one like Arioto! ASU will also lose some key players, Boyd, Bach, and Lockwood are the ones that come to my mind. Congrats to both teams and both group of seniors! RTR Go Bama and Boomer Sooner!!

I have now had a week think back on the 2012 season for the Huskies and although it's still sad and really feels like a dispointment in the way it ended there are so many great things ahead! Even with all the struggles Kaitlin Inglesby had this season she still puts  up the numbers she did and earns 2nd team All-American honors! That just shows you the raw talent that girl has I think! I am as excited as anybody to see Joclyn Cater join the team next year but I think this team still belongs to Kaitlin. Frankly she has carried this team on her shoulders for 2 seasons and I think she will take this team along way. I think to take that from her would be wrong. These girls look up to Kaitlin, she is a great leader, she is incredibly talented, and she in my opinion is key to getting this team back to OKC and back to a national championship! I think as heartbreaking as this season was at times, it laid down a foundation for better things to come. When you look back at 2008 season, you'll find it wasn't a season full of success and roses. It was a rough year. Grant it, they were without Danielle Lawrie and Ashley Charters but I believe that season set up those players to be able to hang tough through the ups and downs of that next season. It helped them understand the game better. It helped be better players. It helped them win a national championship! The foundation of national championship team isn't laid in one season or two seasons. It's laid in many seasons. Diamonds are made over night, it takes years and tons and tons and tons of pressure! The same goes here I think. I think this is the start of something great for this program and I can't wait to see what it is! I already miss watching the Huskies and I am already looking forward to next season!

Well the girls who play in the Japanese league will be headed home tonight/tomorrow and that can mean only 1 thing.... NPF season!! NPF season starts Thursday! They have a fantasy league this year! I think that is so awesome!! I have my teams drafed and ready to go and can't wait to see how they do! Pride returns most of their team from last year and will add some great draftees including my personal fav, Nikia Williams!! Can't wait to watch her play for the Pride and play with Danielle, Ashley, and Jenn again! It should be a great season and I am so excited to get it started!!

Well I can't think of anything else right now! So good luck to both the Bama girls and the Sooner girls today and tomorrow! Stay safe and enjoy every minute!! RTR Go Bama and Boomer Sooner!! Go Huskies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment