Friday, June 8, 2012

One chapter closes and another begins!

First off let me say a big congrats to Alabama on their national championship! They are a great group of young women and a great coaching staff! They had easily one of the best senior classes this season! Great season for Jackie Traina as well! They all did a great job and I am very happy and proud of them! I just wanted to say before I said anything else.

With that being said, I find my heart feeling very torn about alot of things. I really didn't expect to feel what I felt. I thought this series would be fun for me.... it wasn't in all honesty. I keep seeing people talking about how fun and magical it was. To me it didn't feel that way. I didn't expect to feel so torn. The first game I felt bad for the Tide and Jackie Traina but so happy for the Sooners and Keilani Ricketts. 2nd night I felt bad for Keilani Ricketts because she didn't expect them to move so far in on the plate and it just totally threw her off but felt happy for the Tide. Last night at first I'll be very honest I felt nothing but crushed for the Sooners and Keilani Ricketts. It was just one of those loses that just knocks you on your butt. They had the lead and all the momentum and then the rain came and everything changed. Personally I don't think the game should have ever been played that night. It had rained all day, the field was already a mess, and they knew more rain was coming. They didn't even get to start until really late. It was the middle of the night by the time the game ended. I think the NCAA and ESPN could only the see the money they were going to lose. They are very luck that nobody got hurt. In the sport of softball bad footing no only causes errors and bad softball but can be very dangerous. That game just felt completely unreal in so many ways. But again congrats to Bama for never giving up and fighting through it!

I've always respected and really liked Patty Gasso alot but after this WCWS I respect her and adore her so much more! She is truly an amazing coach and person! She showed class and beauty the whole series. The way she talked about Bama and the respect she showed was incredible. But the way she talks about her own teams was a thing of absolute beauty! The love she showed for her kids after that crushing loss Wednesday night in their press conference was something rarley seen and made my heart feel a little less broken. I bawled with her when I watched it! It was one of the best moments of the whole thing for me! Coach Gasso is a classy lady who loves and respects the sport of softball. She lives, breaths, eats, and sleep softball and not just any softball but Sooner softball. But she gets the bigger picture so well! She is molding and shaping these young ladies into wonderful women! The more I see of Coach Gasso the more I realize why I like her so well. She's a great lady and a great coach. She reminds me alot of Coach Tarr and they definitely have similar coaching strategies. I think Coach Gasso is a little less laid back and go with the flow than Coach Tarr is. But there are similarities! Both are wonderful women and coaches who do so much for this game!

 Sadly I don't know that I gained much respect for Patrick Murphy. I still think he is a great guy and a great coach but there were somethings I saw that I wasn't necessarily a fan of. But I guess that is neither here nor there lol.

NPF started last night! Pride lost to the Bandits but it was pretty good game! Monica Abbott threw a 1 hitter and the 1 run that the Pride scored was unearned! She looked very good, especially considering she had been home from Japan only a few days! Jenn Salling played SS last night and man oh man was she on fire!! Very nice night for her in the field! My fantasy teams didn't fare too well but there's alot of time left to go!  Diamonds opened the season with their very first win! Congrats to them and former Husky coach Teresa Wilson who is the Diamonds head coach now!!

College softabll is over for one more season but NPF is just getting started and international softball will be getting started soon! Should be a nice summer of softball! Well that is all I have for now! Go Huskies! Boomer Sooner! RTR Go Bama! FTG! Go Pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment