Friday, June 15, 2012

NPF!

Well we are half way through the 2nd weekend of NPF play! Rough start for the Pride going 1-3 against the Bandits last weekend but they've bounced back this weekend very nicely beating the Racers in both games so far this weekend and they will play a double header tomorrow!

Danielle Lawrie pitched yesterday and picked up her 2nd win of the season! I always enjoy watching her pitch! She uses such a deadly combination of speed and movement! Her change up is in my honest and totally biased opinions one of the best in the world! On a related note it always sends chills down my spine to watch her and Jenn Salling on the field together. They have an obvious chemistry and are always pumping each other up. Danielle turned and looked at Jenn at one point last night and their eyes locked for an instant and you could just see the respect and love they have for one another! This team has an amazing chemisty as a whole! I love watching them all on the field!

Cat Osterman pitched tonight and looked great! I always love to watch Cat because she is so hopelessly devoted to the game! She eats, sleeps, and breaths this game! She understands it probably better than anybody else on that team! There was a rough stretch there for Cat. She had to have surgery and couldn't even a pick up a ball for a bit. It was really really hard on her! The rehab has been slow and you could tell by her tweet and things she said on Facebook that it was often times frustrating for her. But it's obviously been worth it because she looks great and she looks like she is enjoying herself!

I also enjoyed watching Kristina Thorson yesterday as well! Kristina has always held a special place in my heart. She is unique and I mean that in a good way! The first time I saw what she looked like I was like woah that is different lol! Anybody who has seen her knows what I am talking about. Kristina is what I would call goth. She likes black, has many many tatoos, has her ears gaged! I know some aren't wild about it but I think it's great. I think it's great that she is comfortable enough in her own skin to be who she is.  But regardless of how she looks(I think she is beautiful just the way she is!) she is a great pitcher and she dealt with her own injury during the offsesason. She is around the same age as Cat and both of them know their playing days are numbered and they are going to make them count! It was also good to finally see Megan Bush! She had major shoulder surgery during the off season and is still struggling to get back. Tonight was her first at bat of the season and she struckout but it made me smile to see her in the batters box! These ladies are so tough and fight through so much to get back on the field. They love this sport so much and they want to hang on to it for and play for as long as they can and I don't blame them one bit! Niki Williams had her first plate appearance last night and I thought she got a hit but they called her out(she looked safe in my totally biased opinion lol seriously though even the announcer thought she was safe. There was a close call with Jenn Salling as well. She laid down a gorgeous bunt and looked safe to me but opinion matters not lol). I can't wait for that girl to show the world what she can do! So much fun having 4 Huskies on the Pride!

3,030 was the offical attendance of the game yesterday and I think that is just amazing! The Corpus Christi Hooks have gone out of their way to make this a great weekend and did an excellant job! It's good to see a baseball team take so much interest in the NPF! Of course we don't want to see these teams have to play on baseball fields forever, right now you play where you get the chance to and this has turned out to be a great oppurtunity! Pride head home next weekend to face the Diamonds! One of their games will be on ESPN3 in honor of the 40th anniversary of Title 9!

Well I can't think of anything else so I guess I will end it here! Go Pride! Go Huskies! Boomer Sooner! RTR Go Bama!

No comments:

Post a Comment