Wednesday, March 7, 2012

NPF draft and the Colts *sigh* :(

Well today was the NPF draft! This year there were only two people I really wanted to see drafted Kimi Pohlman and Nikia Williams! So imagine my excitment when Kimi Pohlman was drafted number 2! I really wish she could have been drafted number 1 and gone to the Pride but I guess that wasn't meant to be lol! I had to leave in the middle of the draft and when I left Nikia hadn't been drafted. I got home and soon found she was drafted to play for the Pride!!! I am so excited to have another all time great Husky play for the Pride!! I think it says a ton for Coach Tarr that this summer she will have 5 of her Huskies playing professionally! That's pretty awesome!! I was also excited to Stephanie Ricketts drafted to play for the Bandits!! I really loved watching her pitch in the 09 WCWS even if she did knock off Bama to get there lol! I also like that the Pride got Michelle Moultrie!! Overall I thought the Pride's picks were a little.....unexpected. The Pride had the top pitching staff in the league last year. They traded Danielle Spaulding to the Diamonds because they didn't really have room for her and the Diamonds very much needed another pitcher. They traded the Diamonds for the first round pick in the draft so they could draft......another pitcher??? They took Britney Mack from LSU first and then they take Valerie Arioto as well. I can see Valerie. Valerie if need be can play 1st and do a nice job! She also has can flat hit the ball. But I still don't understand why the Pride needs 7 pitchers! Well I actually have my own opinions as to why they did what they did but it would be purely speculation and so I'll just say I don't exactly agree with it but I will of course support Britney and Valerie! Overall I thought it was a nice draft and I can't wait until the summer!!!

On to a non softball related note! It's been a sad couple of days for Colts fans as news broke that what we feared most was happening, the Colts let Peyton Manning go! I think this was a crapy move on the part of Jim Irsay! Peyton Manning has been the leader of this team for 14 seasons. He has given everything to this team and this how they repay him! I hope number #18 finds a team that respects him the way he deserves to respected. I'm just sad that, that team is no longer my Colts.

No comments:

Post a Comment