Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Week 5 and last blog for awhile

Let me start off this blog by saying I feel starting this blog was one of the best things I ever did! I love writing this blog and having somewhere to put down my thoughts about the games. I love following UW softball as well OU softball and Bama softball(although I haven't blogged hardly at all about them and will correct that). With that being said, this will be my last blog for awhile. I've received some negative reaction to some of my recent blogs and I've decided to reevaluate my blog and make sure I am getting the message I am trying to get across, across in the best way possible. Let me say right now that I would never be intentionally cruel about a player or attack them. Honestly I'm not the kind to sugar coat things. But I respect these young ladies and they job they are doing. I respect that they are all working very hard and they've all had a hand in the success the team has saw this season. I don't think this team gets the recognition it deserves. I think UW softball has always been and will probably always be over looked. They aren't UCLA or Arizona and so not many people pay attention to them. I think sometimes that causes me to be a little too critical and that is wrong of me! So that is why I've decided to look at my writing style and my choice of words and make some changes. I love the Huskies! I love this team! I love the level of talent they play with! I love the chemistry between them! I love the confidence they play with! I love that there are so many touching beautiful stories within this team! My favorite thing about this team is they never ever give up! They continue to fight until the the very last out is recorded! That is the kind of teams Coach  Tarr puts together and those are the kind of teams that are successful!

They posted an article on Kaitlin Inglesby today and I've read her story before but it never gets old hearing the amount of the stuff that girl has been through but more than that how she has used as motivation and seen much success because of that! She is one strong, talented, beautiful, and tough young lady and the Huskies are blessed to have her! Here is the link to the story!
http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/031412aac.html

Last weekend the Huskies played their first home games of the 2012 season and let me say they didn't disappoint! Saturday they started off the weekend by run ruling Seattle U 8-0 in 6! Kaitlin pitched and threw a great game. Giving up 1 hit, no walks, no HBPs, and 10 strikeouts! The 2nd game they played in the rain against North Dakota. They beat North Dakota 4-0! Bryanna Walker pitched and she pitched a very nice game giving up 3 hits, 0 walks, 0 HBP, and striking out 11! Sunday the Huskies started the day by run ruling North Dakota 12-4 in 5! In this game the offense was the story! Shawna Wright with 2 for 3 with her first career grand slam! Kasey Stanchek got the start in the circle and was later replaced by Bryanna walker. Neither had a spectacular day but they got the job done! They ended the weekend beating Seattle U 4-0. Kaitlin pitched and again pitched a nice game. She gave up 4 hits, 2 walks, and struck out 11! Hooch Fagaly had a very nice game and weekend. She made several great defensive plays including back handing a ball between 1st and 2nd and throwing it to 2nd from her knees to get the lead runner in the 7th! It was an impressive play to watch! She hit over .700 this weekend and lead the team in RBIs!! Very very happy for her!! So great to see her back and playing great!! This weekend also saw Coach Tarr get her 200th win!! Big congrats to her!!

Huskies start play in the Judi Garman Classic tomorrow playing UC Davis again and the Iowa after that. The big game of the weekend is on Saturday when they take on number 7 OU! OU struggled at the beginning of the season but seem to have gotten their feet underneath them now. Should be interesting to see what happens during that game!

While it's on mind I just want to wish safe trips and much success to the ladies who are already in Japan and the ones who will soon be on their way! I know this is a huge thing for them and I know they are all very excited!! I hope they all find much success and learn more about the game we all love!!

Well guys I don't know what else to say! Enjoy the next few weeks of softball!! I will be back in a few weeks hopefully with a clear mind and ready to talk more softball! Go Huskies, RTR Go Bama, Boomer Sooner(except Saturday when they play the Huskies, Huskies all the way lol!), and FTG!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this blog. I don't know what criticism you are facing, but as a professional writer I can tell you there will always be critics. Keep doing what you are doing, and work at getting better. That's how you win. :-)

    Go Huskies!

    ReplyDelete