Thursday, March 29, 2012

So....I lasted a whole 19 days lol!!

Hey guys! I'm back! I have resisted writing for 19 days but I can't resist anymore lol. Honestly I regretted the decision almost as soon as I made it and honestly I have no intentions at this point of changing anything! I went through some of blogs and found nothing I could or would change! The only thing I will do is include more about OU and Bama because I've been kind of neglecting them lol!

UW has continued to have a great season! The Judi Garman Classic went great! They didn't get to play OU because of weather but the won the rest of the games they played! They then went on to run rule Cal State Bakerfield twice that next Monday and just like that preseason was over and Pac-12 had begun. This part of the season always makes me nervous. Grant it, not as nervous as post season but nervous none the less! I mean it's like everything changes and everything that happened before means nothing. You can have an excellent preseason and then everything fall apart once Pac-12 starts. UW started Pac-12 play against Utah! They swept the series winning 5-1, 6-1, and 3-1! They really handled Utah will little problems the whole weekend. The last was game was the closest and felt alot closer than what it really was lol. Katilin struggled a little that game(in the circle anyway lol) but made it through 2 innings. Kasey came in, in the 3rd and flat took care of business. She did NOT look like a freshman in that circle that day! That is what I love about her, you'd never know by watching her that she is  a freshman! She is a great pitcher and just a pillar in that circle! The defense was very solid this weekend! There were a couple of boo boos but for the most part they took care of business! Kaitlin's bat continues to be smoking hot! I love to watch that girl hit! She is just so good! I also love to watch Kimi and Victoria on the bases! They are lightening fast and know the exact right moment to steal! Both are perfect on the season on stolen bases! The offense as a whole was a little sluggish at times last weekend but they came up with big hits when needed. Overall it was a very good weekend! Now the real test! UW plays Cal tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday and this is the only team in the Pac-12 that really scares me! ASU is good but they haven't looked as strong this season. Arizona is really really struggling right now. I've been lucky enough to watch several games this season and Arizona takes the crown of worst pitching performance! Last weekend they had a lead every game and blew it every game! Sunday they led 6-0 at one point and lost 7-6! It's just bad! UCLA, Oregon, Stanford, and OSU have all had moments where they've looked really good and moments where they looked reall bad. But Cal has looked great all season! Their only loss was to Hawaii in one  of the best games of the season in walk off fashion in extra innings! They've shown they aren't unbeatable but they are very very good! I have thought about these games and thought about these games and I honestly have no idea what to think! I just hope they do to UW what they did to Stanford last weekend!!

Honestly I'm still not sure what to think about OU or Bama. OU struggled early in the season and them seemed to get everything figured out and then they drop a game to Baylor and they beat OSU lol. It's just up, down, up, down, up, down! So I don't really know yet what this team is about. I do know Kelani Ricketts is doing an awesome job again this season! As far as Bama they've had alot of success and to just look at their record you'd think they were a really strong team. They lost their first game last week to Tennessee. Honestly they probably should have lost both of those games but Tennessee couldn't get the big hit when they needed it and Jackie Traina knocked a HR to end the game in extra innings. I think Bama has a problem with their pitching. Once you get beyond Jackie Traina none of their pitchers have been consistently good. They've each had their moments where they've looked really good and they've had their moments where they looked really bad. Bama had a very easy preseason schedule. The only team who maybe had an easier schedule was ASU. I'm afraid once they get into the heart of SEC they are going to run into problems. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't think they are as strong as their record and ranking would suggest.

Well that is all I have for now!! Go Huskies, beat Cal!!! Boomer Sooner! RTR Go Bama!! FTG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment